Barnes Fitness is an independent Personal Training and Exercise Consultant business owned and managed by Ellie Barnes. Ellie is a fully qualified Personal Trainer and lover of all things exercise related.
Ellie is well-qualified and experienced within the Fitness industry;
* Level 2 Triathlon England Coach
* UK Athletics Leadership in Running Fitness Certified
* Premier Global Certificate in Circuit Training Instructing
* Level 3 Active IQ Personal Trainer
* Level 2 Active IQ Gym Instructor
* Premier Global Sports Massage Therapist
* Studio Cycling Instructor
* Level 1 UK Athletics Coach
* Open University Introduction to Human Nutrition
Ellie is also a GB Age Group Triathlete and Duathlete in her spare time. Her best success is a SILVER MEDAL at the 2013 Standard Distance World Duathlon Championships. Ellie also competed at the 2012 European Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships where she finished 4th and also the 2012 World Standard Distance Triathlon Championships where she finished 34th.
Ellie was an Elite Marathon runner before trying her hand at Triathlon... Ellie has always enjoyed the health and social benefits of exercise from a young age. Ellie played netball to a high standard through school, college and university before diverting her energy and enthusiasm into the pavements...!
Before Barnes Fitness, Ellie worked in the Corporate world as an Executive Personal Assistant for 5 years. The organisational skills certainly wont be wasted! Ellie is passionate about helping others reach their goals and will go that extra mile to make it happen.
Ellie's Sporting Achievements;
* Second lady at WORLD AGE GROUP DUATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS (10km Run/40km Bike/5km Run), August 2013
* First lady at Woodley 10km, May 2013 - 38 minutes 50 seconds
* Third 25-29 year old at 2013 NATIONAL DUATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS
* First lady at Devils Duathlon, December 2012
* Fourth 25-29 year old at 2012 EUROPEAN SPRINT TRIATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS
* Summited Mount Kilimanjaro in aid of Motor Neurone Disease.
* Third 25 - 29 year old at Newbiggin Sprint Triathlon, 11 September 2011 - 1hr 27 minutes (750m sea swim, 23km bike, 5.2km run)
* First lady at Swallowfield 10km, 4 September 2011 - 39 minutes 04 seconds
* First lady at Finch Coasters Woodland 5, 31 August 2011 - 33 minutes 46 seconds
* Series winner at Guildford Aquathlon
* First lady at Finch Coasters Woodland 5, 27 July 2011 - 34 minutes 26 seconds
* First lady at Dorney Lake Sprint Triathlon, 13 July 2011 - 1hour 10 minutes (750m Swim, 20km Bike, 5km Run)
* First lady at Stoke Row 10km, 22 May 2011 – 42 minutes 25 seconds
* Series Winner at Queen Mother Reservoir 10km 3 Race Series, Summer 2011
* London Marathon, 17 April 2011 – 3hrs11minutes
* Wokingham Half Marathon, 13 February 2011 – 1hr 27 minutes
* First Lady at Henley Half Marathon November 2010 -1hr23minutes
* First Lady at O2O 10km September 2010 - 40 minutes 06 seconds
* Third Lady at Windsor Half Marathon September 2010 - 1hr26minutes
* London Marathon 2010,(dressed as a Nun) – 3hrs 19 minutes
* Amsterdam Marathon, 18 October 2009 – 3hours07minutes
* Lead-volunteer for “Everest 100” – 100 Girlguiding UK members trekking to Everest Base Camp, over 5 separate treks, as part of Girlguiding UK’s Centenary Celebrations (March 2009)
* Self-organised and successfully completed “3 Peaks Challenge” (Ben Nevis, Scaffel Pike and Snowdon) with four friends in less than 24 hours (May 2009)
* Completed the Breast Cancer PlayTex Marathon MoonWalk (May 2009)
* Only female to accompany Andy Bond, CEO of ASDA on Lands End to John O'Groats cycle ride
* Short-listed into top 10 out of 850 applicants for “UK Sport’s Girls for Gold” programme for Rowing and Cycling (November 2008)