Would you like to learn fascinating facts about the history of tea and tea itself? On this tour we will learn where it was born, how it came to Europe, and particularly England, how its popularity changed over time, where it was consumed, stored and sold. We will start it with tasting some amazing teas and then will continue with our journey.
On this walk you will find out:
- what the relationship between ornamental Camellia and the tea bush is, and actually meet a tea bush from Darjeeling. You will have a chance to compare both on the spot!
- what is the difference between Chinese and Indian teas
- how did Englishmen steal tea from the Chinese and what are they drinking now
- why it was that coffee houses and not tea houses first appeared in England
- how did the marriage of Charles II influence tea’s popularity
- which tea rooms inspired Charles Dickens
- which tea house Margaret Thatcher worked at and as who
- what is the connection between tea and the Tate Tate
….. and lots more!
We will end our walk in a beautiful cafe in a hidden place and have a pot of REAL Earl Grey tea – made with Citrus Bergamot Oil (you will see how different it is from what you usually buy in supermarkets as Earl Grey!). We will also have amazingly tasty pastries and cakes of your choice with our tea.
The cost is £20 per person (all tea and one delicious desert of your choice are included in the price).
During this tour we will be spending more time at each site as the sites are situated close to each other.
I will be extremely happy to see you all!
Please book your tickets, if you decide to join us!
This listing has no reviews yet.