2016 COURSE DATES (Closing Dates)
* November 7-11, 2016 (Friday 14 October)
* November 14-18, 2016 (Friday 21 October)
2017 COURSE DATES (Closing Dates)
* May 22-26, 2017 (Friday 21 April)
* November 6-10, 2017 (Friday 6 October)
All classes are from 10am to 5pm with a one hour break for lunch and a mid-session break for tea/coffee.
I have run my life painting and drawing classes in London 'Life Painting & Drawing with Rachel Clark' since 1976. They are for people of all abilities.
You are welcome as a beginner or an advanced student, whether your interest in drawing and painting is for pleasure or for professional reasons. Life drawing and painting equips you to work effectively from any subject; it is invaluable for artists at all levels.
I work with people individually and according to their needs. My life classes are small to ensure maximum personal tuition. There are never more than nine in a class. I do not impose a style of working on students so that your own unique form of expression is developed, encouraged by the one-to-one tuition you receive in my classes.
The teaching will be appropriate whatever your standard or ability. You will find the atmosphere encouraging and supportive, focussed to help you move your work onto another level.
The studio is easily reached by bus, tube or DLR - see maps.
"I have attended, so far, five of Rachel’s life drawing classes and have every intention of participating in many more. Her studio is welcoming, relaxed and comfortable... Rachel’s method of teaching is tailored to each pupil so that previous experience is unnecessary, but everyone, no matter how much or little experience they have, will gain from her skilful teaching and infectious enthusiasm for life drawing. It is a privilege to be allowed into a professional artist’s studio and be taught so well."
Hilary Vernon-Smith Head of Scenic Studio - Royal National Theatre.
I open up my working studio for a limited number of one-week courses in the year.
One-week life painting & drawing course: £650.00 (deposit £320/£330 balance)
See the Rules tab for payment instructions.
You need bring nothing. The essential drawing and painting course equipment is provided: easels and drawing boards.
Most people find it easier to purchase their materials from me at the studio. Materials available to buy at the studio
* Sugar paper and newsprint for 5 and 1 minute drawings
* Cartridge paper
* Canson paper for longer drawings
* Medium willow and extra thick charcoal
* White pastel
* Putty rubbers
* Ink brushes
* Oil and acrylic painting paper
* Oil paints
* Kitchen roll
* Palette knives
* Disposable palettes
* Hog hair brushes
* Brush cleaning gel
You are welcome to work in watercolour or acrylic. I do not stock these paints. If you are planning to use watercolour then you will need to bring your paints, brushes and watercolour paper with you, and if you are planning to work in acrylic I can meet all your needs except for the paint.
Either bring a packed lunch to eat at the studio or on the roof garden in good weather, or use the local cafés. There are shops close to the studio where you may buy provisions.
For more information, visit Rachel's website at www.rachelclark.com
Booking & Terms
1. To book a place on a course please contact me. You may pay in sterling by cheque or electronic transfer.
2. Payment by cheque: please send two cheques, the deposit for immediate payment, and the balance as a post-dated cheque (see under Closing Dates alongside your chosen course in http://www.rachelclark.com/school/life_classes_dates.html). Cheques are payable to RACHEL CLARK. Please enclose a SAE for a receipt.
3. Payment by electronic transfer: please send a single payment for the full fee giving your name as reference in capital letters so that I can identify your payment.
My bank will not use your reference unless it is in capitals.
Bank: Lloyds TSB, Sort Code: 30.97.90
Account: 00225559, Account Name: Rachel H Clark.
4. The deposit is not refundable or transferable.
5. If you cancel prior to the Closing Date your cheque for the balance will not be cashed. If you have paid by electronic transfer your balance will be refunded. If you cancel on or after the Closing Date your balance is not refundable or transferable.
6. For private tuition and corporate courses, all fees are fully payable in advance.
7. If for any reason you miss the class I am unable to refund or transfer the fee. In booking you accept these terms. Holiday insurance against cancellation is advised.
This listing has no reviews yet.