Our fundament bushcraft course (Root Skills) enables you to ‘smooth it’ and live comfortably in the wilderness, by introducing you the many fundamental skills you will need as you tread the bushcraft trail. These fundamental bushcraft skills will allow you to enjoy your time in a wilderness environment with a minimal amount of equipment.
Under the expert guidance and supervision of your instructors, you will gain knowledge and practical Bushcraft and Survival skills that will give you the confidence to delve deeper into this fascinating subject. Throughout the five day Survival and Bushcraft course you will practice these skills and apply acquired knowledge.
By the end of the five day course you will view your surroundings with new eyes and be more aware of the importance and usefulness of our natural resources.
This course is based around a typical wilderness camp and there shall be short trips to gather natural resources from the wilderness.
What you will learn
* Fire-lighting, including friction method
* Natural tinders
* Safe use,care and maintenance of cutting tools
* Introduction to Swedish carving
* Finding, collecting, transportation and purification of water
* Wilderness fishing, trapping and snaring
* Introduction tracking
* Wilderness cooking
* Shelters, natural and man-made
* Navigation through nature
* Plant and tree identification, for food, first-aid and other uses
* Natural cordage, bindings and knots
* Kit and equipment for the Wilderness
* Safety in the Wilderness
* Hygiene, health and sanitation
* Duration: 5 days
* Minimum age: 16 years
* Maximum number: 12
* Catering: Evening meal & breakfast provided.
* Cost: £425 per person, includes a Mora knife.
Minimum age: 16 years
This listing has no reviews yet.