Sweden is renowned for its decorative and beautiful handy crafts, this especially evident in the wood carvings of the Sami people of Northern Sweden. During this hands-on course, we shall provide you with professional tuition in traditional Swedish woodcarving and whittling techniques.
The truly addictive skills that you learn on this course, will enable you to correctly and safely use various woodcarving tools, to create a range of useful, decorative and beautiful items.
We shall also investigate traditional designs and how to get you design onto wood. You will also learn how to select the best woods, how to care for and sharpen your tools and how to embellish and finish your carving projects.
Each student will receive a carving knife to take home, if 18 years or over.
What you will learn
* Basic to advance woodcarving techniques
* Carving utensils
* Knife safety
* Knife anatomy and construction
* Wood selection
* Sharpening and carving-tool care
* Creative design
* Decorative scrimshaw/ etching
* Embellishment through scorching techniques
* Finishing, preserving and caring for wooden carvings.
* Self catering
* Cost: £180 per adult, includes a carving knife to keep.
* Minimum age: 18 years
Please contact us to arrange dates.
Minimum age: 18 years
This listing has no reviews yet.